Monday, March 30, 2009

Dream Destinations-- Eze, France


Many travellers dream of a trip to the French Riviera. I have heard of the enchanting destinations of Nice, Aix-en-Provence, and Cannes, but I had never heard of the town of Eze until I watched "Passport to Europe" with Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel. It was love at first ti-vo!

It is located between Nice and Monte Carlo, which already makes it sound amazing. It is a small medieval town, and the directions include the following quaint description: "you will find our reception, easily recognized as it includes a stable with our two donkeys." Only 15 inhabitants live in this tiny town in the off-season, but it's apparently a bustling tourist point in the summer. Although I've only known of it for 72 hours, I can see why! Enjoy these photos today's dream destination--the Chateau Eza in Eze:







And if that isn't enough to make you too fall in love with Eze, check out these 360 degree views from various vantage points-- I'm ready to pack my suitcase now! Maybe we can bring the town's year-round inhabitants up to 17?