Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Travel Tidbits--50 Best Romantic Getaways

Planning a honeymoon, anniversary, or other getaway with that special someone? Here is Travel & Leisure's guide to the 50 Best Romantic Getaways! They suggest some stunning U.S. and international destinations, including my #1 dream destination--Bora Bora!!! Might as well just add all of these to my dream vacation wishlist . . .

One particular idea that caught my attention is the Navutu Stars resort of Fiji. I have admittedly spent much time researching South Pacific dream destinations and daydreaming of dangling my toes in the ocean from my own overwater bungalow. Unfortunately, most bungalows starting price-per-night is approximately $1000. Not quite a budget-friendly vacation! And although the bungalows (bures) at this resort are not over-water, they still look absolutely stunning and start at $325 a night! Certainly not peanuts, but a 66% discount makes my dream seem a little more possible!!! And one of those "garden bures" at the low rate has an ocean view for guests seeking an economical option--sign me up!